Have you been noticing an increased water intake in your dog or cat recently? There might be instances where you find yourself refilling their water bowl more often than usual.
Your pets can be your best friend or part of the family, we understand this and we are committed to providing the highest quality in veterinary services and support. That is why the expert team of veterinarians at Animal Ark Vets have put together general pet advice to cover topics such as neutering, travelling with your pet and dealing with fireworks or noise phobias.
General Pet Advice
Owning a pet can be a fantastic and rewarding experience and, for many, our pets become part of the family.
When the time comes to let them go it can be incredibly sad.
Animal Ark Vets are here to help you through this difficult time.
Contact our Client Care Team and we will do our best to make it as easy on you and pet as a possible.
Accepting Second Opinions
- We regularly have clients come to us seeking a second opinion on treatment.
- We are more than happy to provide second opinions.
- Please appreciate that we will need to get your pet’s previous medical records, which is necessary to get a full understanding of your pet’s medical history.
You can no longer use a pet passport issued in Great Britain (England, Wales and Scotland) for travel to an EU country or Northern Ireland. You can still use a pet passport issued in an EU country or Northern Ireland. Instead, pets travelling from Great Britain to an EU country or Northern Ireland will need an Animal Health Certificate (up to five pets on one certificate).
No Nasty Surprises! Book a dental grading appointment for your pet today!
- We use a Dental Grading system from 0 to IV, making it easier to understand the condition of your pet’s teeth and gums.
- For simplicity, if your pet needs dental treatment, there will be a set fee based upon the level of the grade of your pet’s teeth and gums.
- For more general information on Dental Care see 7 Steps to Good Health.
- Pet insurance provides cover for veterinary fees should your pet become injured or ill.
- As a pet owner, it provides you with peace of mind, knowing you can afford the best available treatment for your loved ones.
- We recommend the concept of pet insurance because we believe it is in the best interest of your pet – we do not recommend one individual policy over another.
The Facilities at Animal Ark Vets, Ilford
- We are proud of our wards and hospitalisation facilities.
- We have separate cat and dog wards for comfort, a recovery ward for monitoring pets coming out of surgery and an isolation ward for those with possible nasties that we don’t want anybody else to catch.
- We utilise equipment such as ‘drip pumps’ to ensure a constant treatment rate for those on fluid therapy.
- We have nurses assigned to the wards 24 hours a day.
- We have designed a seven step programme to promote good health for your pet.
- These reinforce our approach to veterinary care, with an emphasis on preventative care to reduce the likelihood of your pet getting ill.
- Promoting good health is in the best interests of animal welfare and it is what we signed up to as veterinary professionals.
Page 1 of 2