All fees are subject to VAT at the current rate. Fee levels are determined by the procedures carried out and time spent on the case, medication, materials and consumables used. You will receive a detailed fee note for every transaction with us.
To help us reduce administrative costs and maintain an affordable pricing structure, all accounts are required to be settled at the time of consultation, discharge of your pet or upon collection of any items. If for any reason, you are unable to settle any part of your account as specified, we ask you to discuss the matter as soon as possible with a member of the customer care crew. Should an account not be settled, then a reminder will be sent. Animal Ark reserves the right to charge an administrative fee. Should further reminders be required, further charges may be imposed. After due notice, overdue accounts will be subject to legal action and/or referred to our debt collection agency. Further charges will be levied in respect of costs incurred in collecting the outstanding balance such as production of reports, correspondence, court fees, attendance at court etc. Any cheque returned, credit card not honoured or cash found to be counterfeit will result in the account being restored to the original sum with further charges added in respect of bank charges and administrative costs including interest. For your convenience we accept cash, most major debit/credit cards (excluding American express) and cheques supported by guarantee cards.
We strongly support the principle of insuring your pet against unexpected illnesses or accidents, providing peace of mind knowing the best available treatment is available. It is your responsibility to settle your account and reclaim fees from your insurance company. If for whatever reason your insurance company does not pay, it is still your responsibility to settle your account with Animal Ark.
Estimate of Treatment Plans
We gladly provide a written estimate as to the probable costs of a course of treatment. Please bear in mind that any estimate is an approximate and final costs may vary depending upon the treatment plan carried out.
Ownership of Records
Case records including radiographs and other similar documents are the property of, and will be retained by Animal Ark Veterinary Centre. Copies will be passed on request to another vet taking on the case.
Ownership of Radiographs (X-rays) and similar records
We make a charge for carrying out investigations such as taking radiographs or carrying out ultrasound scans. A charge is made for carrying out the procedure and interpreting the results, however ownership of the resulting record itself, eg a radiograph, remains with Animal Ark Veterinary Centre.
Use of Data
Data we hold will be used for the purpose of providing you and your pet with our veterinary and pet care services. This will include sending reminders, and from time to time information regarding news and events. If you do not wish to receive such information please advise one of the crew. You have a right to access your information and have it corrected if factually incorrect.
No variation of these conditions will bind Animal Ark Veterinary Centre unless it is specifically agreed in writing and signed by the Practice Manager.
If Things Don’t Go to Plan – Complaints Procedure
Our goal is to provide unparalleled quality vet care for pets and their families.
Whilst we strive for 100% client satisfaction, if you are not happy with any aspect of our service:
- In the first instance, please tell the person in charge of your pet’s care.
- We will give your matter the attention it deserves and attempt to resolve the matter with you quickly, there and then.
- If the matter cannot be resolved to your satisfaction, please contact our Practice Manager on 02085998544.
- Written notices should include details of what happened, where and when, which staff where involved and what you are hoping for as an outcome.
- We will acknowledge receipt of your complaint and launch an immediate investigation.
- Whenever possible, we will provide a full response to you within two weeks of the complaint being made. Time scale to provide you with a full response will depend upon the nature of the matter and the availability of all relevant information and parties involved.
- We will discuss the full response with you to ensure that you have received the response and provide an opportunity for any further clarification.
- If the matter is still not resolved to your satisfaction, you may wish to contact the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons (RCVS). Further contact details can be obtained from us.
Availability of Prescriptions
- Prescriptions are available from this practice.
- You may obtain Prescription Only Medicines Veterinary (POM-Vs) from your veterinary surgeon OR ask for a prescription and obtain these medicines from another veterinary surgeon or pharmacy.
- Your veterinary surgeon may prescribe POM-Vs only following a clinical assessment of an animal under his/her care.
- A prescription may not be appropriate if your animal is an in-patient or if immediate treatment is necessary.
- You will be informed on request of the price of any medicine that may be prescribed for your animal.
- The general policy of this practice is to re-assess an animal requiring repeat prescriptions for POM-Vs every 3 months, but this may vary with individual circumstances. The standard charge for re-examination is £23.50.
- The standard charge for issuing a prescription to be filled elsewhere is £13.90.
- Further information on the price of medicines is available on request.