Whether it’s your first visit to Animal Ark Veterinary Centre, or you’ve been here before your pet will need an initial consultation to establish whether there are any issues that need attention.
Consultations can be used to investigate specific symptoms or injuries you may have noticed in your pet, or as a general health and wellbeing assessment when you register your pet with us for the first time. If you have a new kitten or puppy who needs a microchip, we’ll book them in for a consultation to check them over first.
We believe a proper consultation is the key to good care, and that is why we:
- carry out a full physical exam
- listen to you and what you have got to say about your pet’s health
- carry out the consultation in a relaxed atmosphere
- allot 15 minutes consultation periods (some 50% more than industry standard)
- use spacious rooms with lots of natural light
- regularly use our toys
- set a goal of letting you making informed decisions
- spend as much time as is required to make sure both you and your pet’s needs are met
One of our highly trained and experienced vets and nurses will welcome you into a private consultation room. We will ask you for any information that may be useful; like changes in your pet’s behaviour or eating habits.
The exact length of the consultation will vary depending upon each circumstance. For example, a consultation involving a complicated skin condition may require a little longer than the standard allotted time. Alternatively, a less complicated condition that we are both familiar with may require less time.
If your pet is already registered with us, we’ll also review their medical records and history. We’ll then conduct a thorough physical check of your pet, concentrating on any particular areas where you may be concerned there’s a problem.
If the initial consultation reveals any cause for concern, our vets and nurses will agree next steps with you. This could include medication, x-rays, referral to a nurse clinic, or further investigation. We’ll keep you informed every step of the way.
Please contact the practice for information on the cost of a consultation at Animal Ark Veterinary Centre.
Book an Appointment
- On-Line: click here for Online Booking
- Phone Animal Ark Vets: call 020 8599 8544
*we may be attending to pets and unable to prioritise emails.
Emergency? If you have a medical emergency we recommend you contact us directly on 020 8599 8544 for advice (we operate a 24 Hour Emergency Service).