Fireworks – Tips & Tricks to Help Your Pet Cope
Fireworks can be stressful for pets.
Here are some tips and tricks to help you and your pet during the ‘silly season’.
- Build a den / hiding place for your pet.
- Update their information / tags so they are traceable if they run off.
- Talks to us about using medication / supplements that can help them cope.
On the Day
- Walk your dog earlier in the day before fireworks are likely to start.
- Make sure windows doors and catflaps are closed.
- Provide extra litter trays for cats if they are not used to being indoors.
During the Display
- Keep pets indoors when fireworks are likely to be going off.
- At night close windows and curtains and put on music to muffle the Bang!
- Ignore the fireworks yourself.
- Play with a toy to try and keep them distracted but do not force the toy onto them.
- Ignore unusual behaviour, give them affection but no more than usual.
Call us for advice on 02085998544. We are here to help. For medications / supplements to have best effect it is preferable to start a couple of days beforehand.