What is it?
- It is about the size of a grain of rice and stores a unique identification number.
- The microchip is inserted in between your pet’s shoulder blades.
- A scanner waved over the microchip reveals the microchip number.
Why do it?
- Once microchipped, your name and address is entered along with the microchip number onto a national database.
- If your pet is subsequently lost or stolen, a scanner passed over the implanted microchip will reveal the number.
- The database is checked for that number and your details are provided which allows you to be contacted
- A new innovation is a microchip that also contains an inbuilt thermometer.
- This allows your pet’s temperature to be taken by merely waving the scanner over the microchip, removing any stress caused when putting a thermometer up your pet’s bottom.